16th century: In the second half of the 16th century, Francesco di Tommaso Mannelli, representative of the Messina branch of the family of Florentine origin, married Margherita Neretti of San Miniato and, upon his wife's death in 1575, inherited the Collebrunacchi farm, with "casa as master and worker". It was he himself who bequeathed the newly acquired assets to his family, with the fideicommiss dated 16 May 1597.
18th century: In 1743, the property came to the Florentine branch of the Mannelli "due to the extinction of the male line of the noble House Mannelli which was located in the city of Messina, which remained extinct from the common contagion". Senator Ottavio thus inherited an "innkeeper's and worker's house" and "a farm with a worker's and master's house consisting of a total of seventeen rooms, consisting of the farm of working lands, woodland, vineyards and fruit" in Collebrunacchi. In the village, the ancient oratory of S. Jacopo was still located, but in 1750, the fiscal promoter of the curia Lorenzo Taglialagamba, by chance in those places, "seeing the exterior of the church which was threatening ruin everywhere, wanted to enter inside and he saw that there was still the altar with the consecrated stone, but everything was more in the form of a stable than a church; there had been little reverence for that place since animal waste had been thrown there and it had sometimes been used as a shelter for livestock. and his income was transferred to the parish of Cusignano.
19th century: in the mid-19th century, as soon as the Mannellis sold the estate to Filippo Formichini, royal prosecutor of the Court of S. Miniato, who had recently moved there from Florence, the oratory of the Vergine del Buonconsiglio was built in the vast square to the west of the villa . To the parish priest of Cusignano, who visited it before the blessing, it seemed "of exquisite form and elegance". It was built in neo-Renaissance style on a hall plan, as we still see it today, with two side choirs to be able to listen to mass in a secluded place and a small sacristy behind the altar. A few years ago, the church was restored, the floor and part of the plaster were redone and the fallen paintings were integrated: a starry sky in the cross vault and a crown of seraphim in the choir. At the beginning of the 20th century the “Formichini Farm, with around thirty farms and as many families, constituted a substantial nucleus of the parish of Cusignano. Every Sunday, a farmer from the farm went with horse and cart to pick up a priest or friar to celebrate mass. Thus the farmers all found themselves gathered in the garden of the manor house". In addition to increasing the land and improving the farm's holdings, the Formichini family had renovated the manor house, separating the agricultural building from the residence and increasing the latter by the western body of the "L", where the Ioggiato opens.
20th century: In 1954, at the celebration of the centenary of the oratory, the Formichini family were still owners of the estate, which was sold shortly afterwards to the Silva brothers, who in turn to the current owners, the Starnotti family.
The residential body stands imposingly in the highest area of the relief. The northern front, the rear elevation and those of the added appendix have a similar surface treatment, with windows framed by neo-Renaissance frames in imitation stone on pale yellow plaster. Inside, however, you can sense the overlapping of the buildings. Among these, in the south-east corner, the quadrangular plan of a robust building which rises in elevation with a sack masonry of considerable thickness, would deserve a more in-depth investigation to ascertain its relevance to the fortifications of the medieval castle. Outside, past the villa and the chapel, a straight avenue leads westwards to the ancient seventeenth-century aviary, which is still easily recognisable. It consists of a circular enclosure of tall cypress trees placed around a hill with a diameter of approximately 200 metres. Inside the enclosure, there remains the layout of the radial tunnels which allowed access even with lowered nets, the "spiders" stretched to the tallest trees which facilitated fowling; a deep cistern opens up in the center. E. a rare, still well-preserved example of seventeenth-century landscaping.